It’s hard to believe this project was started in October 2015 and lay hibernating for almost 3 years before being rediscovered when I started decluttering my knitting supplies.
Going forward I want to change the habit of having UFOs languishing, so I set a rule: before starting any brand new project I have to pull a UFO out of the drawer and finish it.
I designed Cauldhame with bold colours in mind, but I started this project because I wanted to show it would work with a more conventional colour palette.
Now I look at this scarf as a finished object, I think it’s beautiful. However, I found it a struggle to knit because these are not my colours, and it surprised me how much willpower to knuckle down and get it done.
If this project has taught me anything, it’s that I need colour! Working as a full-time dyer seems to have given me even more of a craving for colour in my free-time projects, especially as my free time is considerably limited by having a toddler in my life.
Although getting there was hard, I love the end result. It has already been allocated as a Christmas gift. It also feels great to have one less UFO lying around.